Monday, February 07, 2005

Skiing at copper mountain, by madeline

Over the weekend my family and I went up to our condo in copper. We went up on Friday night and then right when we got there we were all starving! We went out to dinner at a place called The Lazy Lizard, well more like The Lazy restaurant! The restaurant had ok food but the service was terrible! The next morning Maya and I got up early to go skiing, we put on allof our ski supplies and then we hopped on a bus to ride over to Union Creek. Maya's lesson started at 8:30 both Mine started at 9:00. When I met my teacher she was really nice to me and asked me a ton of questions! The first couple of runs we went on were some of the easier greens, then she took me to a place for hot chocolate. After that we went on some medium blues. She also took me through a tree trail that was normal at the beginning and then at the very end there as a huge drop-off, at least I think it was a drop-off. It was sooooo steeeeep! She went down it first then I tried, it was scary, but really fun! I had a great lesson with my teacher. After that we went out to lunch at a good restaurant! We had to wait for Maya's lesson to end and then we drove back down to Denver and then I had a birthday party! What a busy weekend!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madeline -- I loved reading about your ski lesson at Copper. It sounds like you had a very nice instructor. Even taking you to lunch! I'm sure you did well. I have a question: how do you write in different colors on your blogspot? It is very pretty!
Love, Grandma Nan

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Madeline! I love the colors-- the red is 3-D and makes me dizzy :) xoxo C, L & K

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home